Job Posting: Accounts Assistant (Purchase Ledger)
Hours: 13 hours per week
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa, Newmarket
Salary Range: Based on experience (pro rata)
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our accounts team to provide assistance and general administration duties.
Your duties will include:
- Sorting supplier invoices and filter to Heads of Department for 1st authorisation
- Matching purchase orders to invoices and send out queries both internal and external
- Ensure all invoices are countersigned where applicable
- Data input, processing and coding of Invoices
- Filing, scanning and updating
- Manage and track supplier records (relating to queries about vendors)
- Supplier statement reconciliations and accruals (missing inventory or payment discrepancies)
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Other Ledger queries
- Preparing regular payment runs
- Submitting remittance advice
- Providing administrative assistance
- Dealing with phone calls
- Assisting with all other ad-hoc duties required in the Purchase Ledger/Finance team
- You must have previous experience in a Purchase Ledger role
- Experience on Microsoft Excel and knowledge of computer office programs
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable aptitude for figures
- Previous experience working in a high volume transactions team.
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimal supervision
- Working well within a team
- Able to carry out routine tasks with good attention to detail.
- Able to plan and organise familiar and new requests, prioritising work load.
- Able to produce and respond appropriately to detailed written and oral communication.
- Show an awareness of others’ roles, responsibilities and requirements in carrying out
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year – (pro-rata)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Edge Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.