Job Posting: Breakfast Chef
Hours: Hourly Rate (Average 35 Hours per week)
Working Pattern: 6am to 12pm, some evenings during Christmas, will be required to work weekends.
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa, Kitchen, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: (Dependent upon experience)
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our 2 AA Rosette ‘Squires’ Restaurant provides a completely modern dining experience. Our eclectic menu’s attract a wide and travelled clientele, using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally. Read more (view our menu’s)
About the Position
Joining a team of 15 talented chefs, our Sous Chef will support the Executive Head Chef, by taking the lead within the kitchen, inspiring fresh ideas, devising menu’s, mentoring the rest of the team and keeping everything running smoothly, no matter how busy service is.
- Experience of working at 2 or 3 AA Rosette level (2 years+)
- Passion and creative flair, with extensive culinary knowledge
- Strong team player attitude with excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm, in-control and focused during busy service
- A positive role-model embodying our values of mutual respect and professionalism within the kitchen
- Ideally with experience within a 4 or 5 red star hotel property
- Preparing, cooking & plating breakfastOrdering stock for the breakfast section on a daily bases
- An ability to work independently
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
- Working with our current breakfast chef during busy periods
- Preparing and cooking staff lunch daily
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel and spa we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- Paid Holiday
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How To Apply For This Role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.