Job Posting: Commis Chef
Hours: Full Time (48 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends (this will be a mixture of straight and split shifts)
Location: Kitchen, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our kitchen team of 15 talented chefs at Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa. We strive to create a great work place for our staff which includes many staff benefits.
You will need to be able to work to very high standards with creativity and flare, preparing and presenting exceptional dishes for our guests. You must have experience of working in a busy, high pressure kitchen. You will need to be passionate about food and cooking using fresh local, high quality ingredients.
- Experience of cooking fresh dishes in a 2AA Rosette restaurant, is preferable
- Passion and creative flair, Eager to learn and develop
- Strong team player
- positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and guests
- Ability to remain calm and focused on quality during busy service
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development