Job Posting: Host/Concierge
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday With flexibility to cover each other’s holiday
Location: Front of House, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Position
Working closely with the Front of House Reception Team and Operations/Duty Manager, The Host/Concierge will be responsible for a range of guest services, information and support.
The host/concierge will welcome, greet and engage with our guests, with the aim of providing a personalized guest experience that creates memorable WOW moments and exceeds guest expectations.
- You’ll have extensive hotel guest services experience and be highly personable, professional, social and attentive.
- You will need to become the ambassador of all hotel services and also local attractions and amenities – therefore knowledge of the local area is an absolute must.
- Friendly and approachable with exemplary customer care skills
- Ability to confidently engage with guests in a genuine and warm manner (excellent listening and communication skills)
- Very well presented and highly professional, at all times
- Strong team player with a ‘can-do’ pro-active attitude
- Be willing and able to transfer luggage to bedrooms upon guest request (luggage trolley available and manual handling training will be provided)
- (Desirable) Previous 4-star hotel experience perhaps as a duty manager, guest relations manager, reception or operations
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel and spa we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days (pro-rata) holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.