Job Posting: Hotel Receptionist
Hours: 40 hours per week (flexible shifts).
Working Pattern: Flexible to work various shifts (including weekends as per rota)
Location: Main Hotel Reception
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Star Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. We are looking for a Full Time Receptionist to be an integral part of our reception team. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day running of the reception desk, welcoming guests, handling enquiries, problem solving and acting as a positive mentor and role-model to the reception team.
About the Position
You must have reception experience within a hotel or hospitality environment.
- Passionate about creating the very best guest experience – customer service will be at the forefront of your mind at all times.
- You’ll bring enthusiasm, experience, organization skills and strong team working spirit to the role here at Bedford Lodge Hotel.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, professional attitude and be highly pro-active and self-motivated.
- Friendly, approachable with good communication skills
- Passion to go the extra mile for our customers
- Strong organisational skills
- Team Player attitude
- Good computer skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused during busy times
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club & partner discount
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.