Job Posting: Kitchen Porter
Hours: Full Time (45 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Kitchen, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Red Star Hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our 2 AA Rosette ‘Squires’ Restaurant provides a completely modern dining experience. Our team create eclectic dishes using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally. Situated in our Four Red Star Hotel, our kitchen team offer fine dining and luxurious afternoon teas in our Squires restaurant and lighter meals in our Roxana Bar.
Joining a busy kitchen team, our Kitchen Porters support the Chefs, by keeping the kitchen clean and hygienic, washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery as well as unloading food and equipment deliveries and keeping the storeroom organised.
- The ability to work quickly and calmly in our busy kitchen
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues
- Ability to remain calm and focused during busy service
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership at our Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
To apply please complete our online application and questionnaire, by clicking the button below.
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.