Job Posting: Marketing Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Working Pattern: Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm
Location: Sales & Marketing Department, Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Star Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa seeking a passionate and driven marketing professional to join our team. Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality.
About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working closely with the hotel’s Sales Manager to help promote all areas of the hotel including; The Spa, Food and Beverage, Accommodation including special offers, Conference & Events, Weddings and Leisure. The successful candidate will need to have previous marketing experience and have the ability to work with little supervision in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Assist with the design of marketing collateral: e-shots, e-signatures, flyers, brochures and banners.
- Maintain and upload content to the hotel and spa websites.
- Coordination of print jobs within the hotel.
- Planning, placing and booking of advertisements.
- Maintaining relationships with key suppliers and local media.
- Development of content for monthly e-newsletters and monitoring data via an external CMS.
- Build and send ad hoc e-shots to meet business demands.
- Effective management of hotel databases.
- Working with the Hotel’s PR company to help coordinate press visits and other PR related activities.
- Administration for the hotel’s social media platforms.
- Preparation of reports for monthly Sales & Marketing meetings.
- Minute taking at monthly hotel and spa Sales & Marketing meetings.
- Other duties which may arise to assist with the successful running of the hotels Sales & Marketing operation.
- Previous marketing experience.
- A knowledge of marketing techniques and concepts.
- A good understanding of digital marketing including CMS and e-shot systems.
- Social media savvy.
- Excellent communicator.
- Creative mind-set.
- Able to work well both as part of a team and independently.
- The ability to respond well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club & partner discount
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development