Job Posting: Wedding & Events Coordinator
Hours: Full Time (40 hours)
Working Pattern: 5 days out of 7 on a shift pattern (to reflect the needs of the business)
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Star Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, and passionate professional to join our Conference and Events Team. As Wedding & Events Coordinator, you’ll join a team of like-minded individuals committed to providing exemplary customer service in all areas of our Conference and Events department. You will have knowledge of the Wedding Industry/ hospitality, events, be creative, inspiring, organized while maintaining our high standards of service for all our guests. The Wedding & Events Coordinator will report directly to the Conference and Events Manager and over seen by the Sales Manager.
About the Position
The role will involve ensuring the Wedding process is seamless and stress-free for our client, from taking initial enquiries and show rounds right through to their big day. You will need to attend any wedding shows we have here at the hotel (or exhibit at externally). You will also work closely within the team to assist with Events and Reservations along with private and seasonal events.
- Excellent communicator with a flair for building relationships
- Friendly, approachable with good communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion to go the extra mile for our customers
- Strong organisational skills
- Previous experience essential working in the wedding industry/ hospitality
- Sales experience desirable
- Can do attitude
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club & partner discount
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.