Job Posting: HR Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Working Pattern: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Location: HR Department - Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Star Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa seeking a passionate and driven marketing professional to join our team. Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality.
About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working closely with the hotel’s Heads of Department (HOD’s), you will be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries. You will need to provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to HOD’s (and Chief Executive), in relation to absence, conduct and capability, grievance matters and employee relations matters.
- Administer HR-related documentation such as contracts of employment
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Liaise with recruitment agencies
- Give inductions to new employees
- Look after all staff welfare issues
- Draft and place on-line and off-line recruitment advertising
- Assist HOD’s to maintain current and up-to-date job descriptions for each role within their team
- Support HOD’s with the effective and efficient performance of their employees, identifying and facilitating appropriate interventions or disciplinary processes
- Prepare and issue employee correspondence and T&Cs of employment (Contract & Handbook) in relation to appointment, variation and termination of employment – including accurate and timely notification to payroll.
- Educate and coach HOD’s to handle key queries in relation to the Employee Handbook, Policies and Working Practices.
- You will be need to work across all departments with all managers, so great communication skills are a must
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised
- Able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- The ability to respond well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership at our Health & Fitness Club & partner discount
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How To Apply
To apply please complete our online application and questionnaire, by clicking the button below.
You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.