Job Posting: Fitness Instructor
Hours: Part Time (16-24 Hrs)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday on rota basis, 2/3 days out of 7 (Must be available to work evenings and weekends)
Location: The Edge Health & Fitness Club, Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Star Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our leisure team at The Edge Health and Fitness Club within Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa. We strive to create a luxurious guest experience for our members, hotel residents and day guests.
About the Position
The successful candidate will be required to assist Club Manager in the efficient running of the Health and Fitness Club.
- Completing assigned tasks from Fitness Management.
- Instructing regular Fitness Classes
- Provide Gym Inductions and Gym Progress Updates for Members.
- Provide Client Health Assessments
- Offer Personal Training
- Complete daily Water Quality Tests of Pool & Hot Tub
- Complete daily Gym cleaning where assigned.
- Weekly Facility Maintenance e.g. Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Steam Room etc.
- Responsible for the opening & closing of the club
- Ability to carryout out reception duties
- Promote other aspects of the business suitably
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by Management Team to aid the smooth running of the club
- 2 years relevant Industry experience
- Personal Training Qualification & REPS Level 3 essential
- Exercise to Music/Aerobics Qualification desirable
- Step Qualification desirable
- Aqua Qualification highly desirable
- Plant Room knowledge desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Smart appearance
- Computer literate
- Pro-active approach to work duties
- An upbeat and pleasant manner
- Good team player
- Must have own transport
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club & partner discount
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.