Job Posting: Bar/Lounge Supervisor
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Roxana Bar
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Star Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
With attention to detail and a relaxed service which is genuinely warm and friendly, we ensure all our customers feel special whether they are regular clients or visiting us for the very first time; few bars in Newmarket offer such a unique atmosphere. Our eclectic menus attract a wide and travelled clientele, using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally.
Reporting into the Restaurant and Bar Manager, you will join a team of like-minded individuals committed to leading by example, motivating others and providing exemplary customer service.
You will support the management of the bar (customers, suppliers, processes, stock, revenue and financial accountability). You’ll need to have experience motivating and leading a team within the hospitality industry, be highly conscientious and be ready to hit the ground running.
You will have proven experience in a busy Bar or Restaurant, strong food and wine knowledge, ideally with Rosette experience, be creative, inspiring, organized while maintaining our high standards of service. You will be passionate about the Hospitality Industry with a strong focus on customer service. Being proactive, enthusiastic and able to liaise with all departments within the Hotel to deliver high operational standards to ensure the smooth running of the bar services to maximize sales and control costs, leading the bar staff by example, with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- A proven Supervisor in a similar role within a hotel, restaurant, bar or gastropub background ideally with rosette experience.
- Excellent customer service experience, highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to run the bar with a proactive and positive attitude
- Existing experience of Bar, wine and cocktail knowledge will be advantageous
- You will have strong leadership skills, leading by example with the ability to maintain consistency of service through support with training and motivating the team.
- Ensure effective high standards of employee compliance and operational standards to a 4 Red Star level are maintained.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, Opera and Zonal till systems advantageous, however, full training will be given
- You will be immaculately presented with an approachable and friendly personality.
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.