Hours: Part Time (10 - 15 hours per week)
Working Pattern: Saturday & Sunday
Location: Accounts Team (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four-star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our accounts team to provide assistance and general administration duties.
About the Position
Your duties will include:
- Processing Purchase invoices, purchase Orders (Posting on to Sage)
- Supplier bank Payment runs fortnightly
- Preparing weekly cash book for head office.
- Weekly bank reconciliation
- Maintaining accurate purchase ledger information
- Providing administrative assistance
- Assisting with all other ad-hoc duties required in the Finance team
- You must have previous experience in an accounts role
- Experience of Sage Line 50 accounts
- Experience of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable aptitude for figures
- Previous experience working in a high volume transactions team.
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimal supervision
- Working well within a team
- Able to carry out routine tasks with good attention to detail.
- Able to plan and organise familiar and new requests, prioritising workload.
- Able to produce and respond appropriately to detailed written and oral communication.
- Show an awareness of others’ roles, responsibilities and requirements in carrying out
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year – (pro-rata)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount at our 2AA Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.