Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
Location: Accounts Team (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our accounts team to provide assistance and general administration duties.
About the Position
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with the Finance function at both Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa and The Rutland Arms Hotel
- Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger posting and reconciliation
- Preparing accurate weekly costing reports
- Processing all purchase orders, invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Preparing bank and supplier payment runs
- Resolving ledger queries.
- Liaising with Suppliers and Heads of Department as required.
- Preparing weekly cash book for head office.
- Weekly bank reconciliation
- Assisting with the Management Accounts as required.
- Providing administrative assistance
- Dealing with phone calls
- Assisting with all other ad-hoc duties required in the Finance team
- Experience of Sage Line 50 accounts
- Experience of both Purchase and Sales Ledgers
- Basic Management Accounts experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable aptitude for figures
- Previous experience working in a high volume transactions team.
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimal supervision
- Working well within a team
- Able to carry out routine tasks with good attention to detail.
- Able to plan and organise familiar and new requests, prioritising workload.
- Able to produce and respond appropriately to detailed written and oral communication.
- Show an awareness of others’ roles, responsibilities and requirements in carrying out
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year – (pro-rata)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Edge Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.