Job Posting: Conference & Events Manager
Hours: Full Time (40 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
We are seeking a seeking a dynamic, motivated, and passionate professional to drive and lead our large conference and events team of 25 employees which includes weddings, functions, conference, events and reservations. With a newly refurbished Classics Suite, this role provides an exciting opportunity for growth within the hotel.
As a head of department, you’ll join a team of like-minded individuals committed to leading by example, motivating others and providing exemplary customer service. You will have knowledge of managing large conferences, events and weddings, be creative, inspiring, organized while maintaining our high standards of service. The role will involve taking on Duty Manager responsibilities, ensuring the smooth running of the hotel across all departments as and when required.
You’ll be ambitious and keen to manage your own area of the business (customers, suppliers, processes, marketing, revenue and financial accountability). You’ll need to have experience motivating and leading a team within the hospitality industry, be highly conscientious and be ready to hit the ground running.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualification in Hospitality
- To be confident and standards driven
- Previous experience within C&E Operations environment is essential
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Must be smart in appearance and a good mentor
- Experience in financial and commercial awareness
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel and spa we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days (pro-rata) holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
To apply please complete our online application and questionnaire, by clicking the button below.
To apply please complete our on-line application and questionnaire (you will have the opportunity to upload your CV) as part of this process.