Job Posting: Conference & Events Supervisor
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel, Newmarket
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Star Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our conference and events team provide the highest levels of service and hospitality to our corporate and private guests. With six stylish state of the art dedicated conference and event rooms – we are a preferred and popular venue for conferences, training events, business seminars, weddings and birthday celebrations. Whatever the event our team provides an efficient, attentive and friendly service.
Reporting into the Conference and Events Manager, you will supervise a team of like-minded individuals whilst being committed to leading by example, motivating others and providing exemplary customer service.
You will support the conference & events team in an operational capacity, ensuring that conference rooms are set up as required, that guests are welcomed to the venue as well as being the first port of call on the day. You’ll need to have experience motivating a team within the hospitality industry, be highly conscientious and be ready to hit the ground running.
You will have proven hospitality experience, ideally from a Hotel or Conference facility as well as being highly organised while maintaining our high standards of service. You will be passionate about the Industry with a strong focus on customer service. Being proactive, enthusiastic and able to liaise with all departments within the Hotel to deliver high operational standards to ensure the smooth running of our Conference & Events facility.
- A proven hospitality professional ideally in a similar role within a hotel, or events facility.
- Excellent customer service experience, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise a wide variety of events with a proactive and positive attitude
- You will have strong leadership skills, leading by example with the ability to maintain consistency of service through support with training and motivating the team.
- Ensure effective high standards of employee compliance and operational standards to a 4 Red Star level are maintained.
- Ability to liaise with the reception team with restaurant bookings and the kitchens as required
- Administrative skills would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, Opera and Zonal till systems advantageous, however, full training will be given
- You will be immaculately presented with an approachable and friendly personality.
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club & partner discount
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.