Job posting: Reception/Front Office Manager
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Flexible to work a range of shifts, as per rota.
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel, Newmarket, Suffolk
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four red star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Position
We are looking for a Full-Time Front Office Manager to lead our Reception, Concierge, Reservations and Nights teams. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for managing the day to day running of the reception area, ensuring all staff are fully trained and offering the highest levels of service, as well as a positive mentor and role-model to the team.
- Ideally, you will be an existing Front Office Manager or Assistant that has experience of providing excellent service within the Hospitality industry.
- You will be a natural leader and problem solver, who is able to work off your own initiative and be highly organised
- You will have a proven track record of mentoring and developing talent within an operation, with excellent communication skills, with guests, colleagues and the management team.
- You will be passionate about the hospitality industry and possess the drive to constantly deliver top-class customer service
- You will have proven experience of developing and maintaining integrated Front Office IT systems, together with robust general IT skills.
- Experience with Opera is highly desirable
Why Join our Team
As a privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team. We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days (pro-rata) holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our online questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.