Job Posting: Gardener
Hours: Full-time (40 hours)
Start: 1st February
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Location: Main hotel & spa (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience and trade qualifications
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Working within a highly luxurious four-star property means that every guest area and facility must be kept in impeccable working order and to the highest standards of presentation.
About the Position
We are looking for a Gardener to work with our current Gardener to monitor and maintain our beautiful grounds to ensure our guests receive an excellent experience at our Hotel and Spa.
The role will involve maintenance of our award winning gardens which includes lawns, shrubs, trees and flower beds. Ensuring the installation of new flora into the surroundings is in keeping with the charm and character of the Hotel.
With no two days being the same and in a business that’s open 24-7, you will have the self-motivation to thrive in a demanding environment, be able to cope with multi-tasking and manage an ever-changing list of priorities.
- Preferably experience in maintaining large gardens / grounds
- Friendly, approachable with good communication skills
- Pro-active and be ready and willing to turn your hand to any job
- Flexible for working in a team environment
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel and spa we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days (pro-rata) holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of ‘The Edge’ Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development