Job Posting: Luggage Porter
Hours: Full Or Part Time
Working Pattern: 5 days out of 7 including Evenings and Weekends
Location: Front of House, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: OTE £30,000.00
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Position
Working closely with the Reception Team, the Luggage Porter is responsible for a range of guest services, information and support, all of which combine to make sure we achieve our aim of providing a personalised guest experience that anticipates our guests needs and exceeds their expectations.
No two days are the same, but responsibilities will include:
- Greeting our guests as they arrive at the Hotel.
- Assisting guests with luggage on arrival and departure. Storing luggage appropriately as required.
- Assisting with taxi booking as required.
- Serving as a key point of contact for Guests, dealing with enquires regarding Hotel services as well as providing information about local area attractions and services.
- Keeping up to date with Hotel services, events and promotions.
- Taking pride and being passionate about ensuring the Reception areas, both inside and out are tidy and set up at all times to the required standard.
In order to be successful in this role you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Friendly and approachable with exemplary customer care skills
- Ability to confidently engage with guests in a genuine and warm manner (excellent listening and communication skills)
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Very well presented and highly professional, at all times
- Strong team player with a ‘can-do’ pro-active attitude
- Be willing and able to transfer luggage to bedrooms upon guest request (luggage trolley available and manual handling training will be provided)
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days (pro-rata) holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free membership of our Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our award-winning Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Meals on duty
- Free parking
- A generous ‘refer a friend scheme’
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please complete our on-line questionnaire. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV as part of this process.