Job Posting: Senior Sous Chef
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Kitchen, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our kitchen team of 15 talented chefs at Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa. We strive to create a great work place for our staff which includes many staff benefits.
As a Senior Sous Chef you will have a passion for cooking, creating new recipes/menus and outstanding team management skills. You will enjoy taking on new roles and responsibilities and be driven to deliver a 5 star experience to our guests. You will have previous experience with food margin control and be able to work to a budget. You will need to be able to work under pressure, to very high standards with creativity and flare. You will be a good motivator and team leader and be able to assist the Executive Head Chef with all main duties.
- Passion for food and upcoming food trends
- Exceptional culinary skill
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Have a flexible approach
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience of cooking fresh dishes in a 2 AA Rosette restaurant
- Experience with budgeting, staff training and creating rotas
- Stock taking and ordering of stock
- Deputise in the Executive Head Chefs absence
- Oversee the seasonings, portions and appearance of food served
- Has a high level of food product knowledge, and an understanding of menu content and impact, and pricing guidelines
- Able to achieve departmental goals, objectives and assigned projects
- Strong team player attitude with excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused during busy service
- Has strong knowledge of HACCP, COSHH and a certificate in food hygiene
- Able to communicate daily to all relevant departments
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of our Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our Squire restaurant and Roxana Bar
- 20% discount at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
If you are innovative and creative, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which you can develop your skills then please see details on how to apply below.