Job Posting: Executive Head Chef
Hours: Full Time (45 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends (this will be a mixture of straight and split shifts)
Location: Kitchen, Main Hotel
Salary Range: Dependent on experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four red star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our ‘Squires’ Restaurant provides a completely modern dining experience. Our eclectic menus attract a wide and travelled clientele, using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally.
Joining our team of talented chefs, our Executive Head Chef will lead the kitchen, inspiring fresh ideas, devising menus, mentoring the rest of the team and keeping everything running smoothly, no matter how busy service is.
- Experience of working at 2 or 3 AA Rosette level.
- Experience of running a busy multi-functional kitchen (Restaurant, Bar, Conference & Events and Spa Kitchen).
- A desire to train, develop and mentor a team.
- Passion and creative flair, with extensive culinary knowledge.
- Strong team player attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm, in-control and focused during busy service.
- A positive role-model embodying our values of mutual respect and professionalism within the kitchen.
- Ideally with experience within a 4- or 5-star hotel property.
- Food & Hygiene Certificate required (valid within last 3 years).
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent Hotel and Spa, we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- Staff Accommodation – if required
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
To apply for this role:
Please email a copy of your CV to Chris at: firstname.lastname@example.org