Salad of Sea Trout with Buckwheat, Watercress & Cambridgeshire Asparagus
- 1 x Sea Trout fillet (100grs)
- 2 x tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch fresh chopped Chilli
- 10gr Chopped Parsley
- 1 x Lemon
- 75gr Buckwheat
- 1 x Bay Leaf
- ½ Red onion finely sliced
- 75gr Asparagus (top ¾ so not woody) blanched
- 10gr Dill picked
- 5gr Tarragon leaves
- 25gr Watercress
- 1 tbspn Crème Fraiche
- ½ tspn Honey (Wickhambrook)
- 1 tbspn Pumpkin seeds toasted
- Salt & Pepper
- Oven 180 -degC – season the Sea Trout with parsley, little chilli, lemon half, olive oil, salt & Pepper.
- Boil 150ml water, salt bay leaf – add the buckwheat simmer for 8 mins, then set aside covered for 10 mins, once fluffed up, rinse and keep warm.
- Put Red onion in a bowl with little Lemon juice, add warm Buckwheat, herbs, Watercress.
- Squeeze cooked lemon into the crème Fraiche, little olive oil and Wickhambrook Honey to make a dressing.
- Put the Onion and wheat nix on the plate, drizzle dressing over it, then flake the Sea Trout over the top, finish with the Asparagus tops and toasted Pumpkin seeds.
- Sit back and enjoy!