Pheasant Breast stuffed with Truffle & Tarragon Cauliflower, Savoy Cabbage
Ingredients (Pheasant Ballentine)
2 x Pheasant Breasts
1 x Chicken Breast (skinless / boneless)
1 x Egg white
1 x shallot, finely chopped
10gr Truffle grated
50ml Double Cream
Pinch of Tarragon
1 x head Cauliflower, chopped
1 x Shallot, finely chopped
50gr Unsalted butter
500ml Double Cream
½ head Savoy Cabbage
- Blend Chicken breast to a paste, add a pinch of salt then add the egg white and blend again with the shallot, Tarragon.
- Next, add the double cream, blend briefly to incorporate. Then put the mix in a piping bag.
- Butterfly open the Pheasant breasts, season, pipe a line of the stuffing in the centre of each breast. Then roll the meat over and wrap each in cling film, let it rest in the fridge
- For the Cauliflower puree, sauté the shallot in butter, add the cauliflower and cook to caramelise the cauliflower (little golden colour). Add the double cream and boil for 10mins until the Cauliflower is cooked. Strain off the liquid and keep it. Blitz the cauliflower in a blender, add the liquid until you get a silky consistency, taste for seasoning.
- Shred the Cabbage in fine strips, cook for a couple of minutes in a little butter.
- Poach the Pheasant breasts for 15-18 mins (in the cling film) unwrap and sear in a pan for colour.