Job Posting: Pastry Chef
Hours: Full Time (48 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Kitchen, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our kitchen team of 15 talented chefs at Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa. We strive to create a great work place for our staff which includes many staff benefits. Would you like to be part of a great team?
Joining a team of 15 talented chefs, our Pastry Chef will support the Executive Head Chef, by taking the lead within the kitchen, inspiring fresh ideas, devising menu’s, mentoring the rest of the team and keeping everything running smoothly, no matter how busy service is.
You will be heavily involved in creating bespoke and A la Carte menus for our guests, therefore experience in menu writing is essential. You will need to be able to work under pressure, to very high standards with creativity and flare. You will be a good motivator and team leader, but also able to work as part of a bigger team.
- Experience of cooking fresh dishes in a 2 AA Rosette restaurant
- Qualified and experienced working with ices, sorbets, chocolate and sugar
- Passion and creative flair, with willingness to learn and progress
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and guests
- Ability to remain calm and focused during busy service
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership at our Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
- Team activities and competitor analysis
How to apply for this role
To apply please complete our online application and questionnaire, by clicking the button below.
To apply please complete our on-line application and questionnaire (you will have the opportunity to upload your CV) as part of this process.